Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

How to output sound to ogg file

I am trying to output to sound of a synth directly to an oog file. with thefout opcode but I get errors.

Could someone tell me what is the right way to do it ? Somehow I am totally lots with all command line options of csound… and there is no example at all. The grreat FLOSS manual only shows how to record wav file or raw.
Thank you

You won’t be able to use the command line flags for this as they will override the realtime options, afaik. You may just have to use fout to .wavs and then batch convert them somehow? There is no reason why fout shouldn’t be able to write to ogg as Csound uses a very good audio file writing lib. I’ll ask about it now on the list…

Hummm, OK , now I understand why the ogg I produce are so big… they are wav files.
Until we get an answer, please find attach a little sound demo of the last synth.

I picked up 3 wavshapes and for each smple, I added a component of the morpheur synth…
But I still find it buggy : From time to time, the filters make a “clack” sound when a key is pressed.
Also, the midi bug is really annoying : suddenly some notes get stuck…never released… and sound goes on and on.

Anyway, if you have 2min… please listen to that.

http://forum.cabbageaudio.com:/uploads/default/original/1X/89f13cb55f0c67cc4010fda3cfb67292009df181.ogg

Very nice. I still don’t have access to decent speakers though! Btw, an output for writing oggs using fout has now been added to Csound. It will be in the next release.

Nice, thank you Rory.

I improved the synth today. Should be release soon.