Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Latest build on Linux Mint

Hi,

I’m struggling to get the latest version - from github - to build on Linux Mint. I have all the dependencies installed, the SDK is in the correct location and I have the latest version of cSound (built from source) installed in the correct location. To save me the headache I wondered if anyone already had a working binary on Linux Mint that they could send me?

Thanks

I had some problems under ubuntu. Take a look here http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/building-cabbage-2-on-ubuntu/833/1
maybe could help.

And also feel free to post any build errors you’re having. There are plenty of Linux users here to help out :wink:

Thanks for the quick responses. So I didn’t realise that I needed to download/build JUCE and have cabbage-master and JUCE in the home directory. I know this now.

I think I’ve managed to get it to build successfully but I get this message at the end of the build, not sure if I need to be concerned by it. Cabbage has installed and seems to open just fine.

/tmp/ccXTd4mh.o: In function `Csound::CompileCsdText(char const*)':
testCsoundFile.cpp:(.text._ZN6Csound14CompileCsdTextEPKc[_ZN6Csound14CompileCsdTextEPKc]+0x23): undefined reference to `csoundCompileCsdText'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

That last message won’t affect the build so you should be good to go. Although if you are building Csound from source testCsoundFile should compile. Oh but you are probably building Csound from the master branch rather than the develop branch? That might be the problem. Anyhow Cabbage will work perfectly fine without the file tester app.

1 Like