Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Let me understand Cabbage's exporting system

I’m new with Cabbage.For now i built compressor plugin with Mac 64 bit Windows 64 bit version.Now i have 64 bit VSTs for Win and Mac.How can i export 32 bit versions?

System works like this?

Windows 32 Bit Cabbage exports 32 bit vst?
Windows 64 Bit Cabbage exports 64 bit vst?
Mac 64 Bit Cabbage exports 64 bit vst?

How about AU?I show some topics about it but i didn’t understand.I would like export AU versions,too.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay. My email is acting up and I didn’t get any notification of your posts. Your understaning is correct. There is an AU version but you cannot export instruments as AUs. You simply load the instruments using the Cabbage AU interface. It’s not ideal and people have reported some issues with it, But I’ve not been able to find a way for the AU version to work like the VST export option.

Thanks for reply.I didn’t try AU version yet.So i have no idea.

By the way I tried Fxpansion VST to AU wrapper.All plugins works but Cabbage plugins not.Do you have any idea?

No, but I’m aware of the problem. I just don’t know why it only happens to Cabbage plugins. The irony is that ROLI recently acquired FXPansion. ROLI also own JUCE which is the framework I use to create Cabbage. you would imagine it should work, but it doesn’t for some reason. I don’t have FXpansion so I have never been able to try it out. It might have something to do with the fact that Cabbage links to other libraries at run time, but this is only a guess. I do plan on revisiting the AU stuff, and also adding LV2 to the export options on OSX but it will take a while.