Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Linux Jack midi in and midi out at the same time

Hello, I am using Linux with Jack system and I want to create a csound instrument, which receives midi input and also sends midi output somewhere else.

In CsoundQt, I can only enable midi input or output separately. When I go to CsoundQt settings and enable them at the same time, midi output goes crazy (outputs many notes at the same time rapidly). I tried to change to portmidi from the default settings, but it does not work.

When I try to do it with cabbage, there is no MIDI output in Jack patchbay, only Midi input(Juce midi input).

Can anyone help?

This only works when you use a Cabbage plugin in a DAW. You can write a Cabbage plugin that both sends and receives MIDI data. The only caveat is that it must reside in a DAW of some sort. If sending MIDI output from the standalone host is something people would like to see I can add it to the list of things for the new version.

It would make things easier when making MIDI plugins or applications. I have already figured out, how to set up midi in + midi out in CsoundQt, but I want to make plugins, so I prefer Cabbage.
I am sure, that I am not the only one who would like to have the option to use MIDI output before exporting as a plugin. So if you can add that to this great software, that would make the project even better.