Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

LV2 Export not working?

Hello,
I’m on an Ubuntu 14.04 machine with csound 6.08.

I’ve cloned cabbage from git development branch few days ago:
git clone https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage.git -b develop --single-branch
and built with:
./buildCabbage “/usr/local/include/csound” “/usr/local/lib” "${HOME}/SDKs/VST3SDK

Everything went smooth (Now I have version 1.1.05) but when exporting LV2 effect I’ve got the error window:
/home/stefanus/cabbage-develop/cabbage/Builds/Linux/CabbageBuild/CabbagePluginEffectLV2.so cannot be found?
And nothing get exported.

Exporting VST effect seems to work, in the selected directory I obtain a .so end a copy of the .csd

Is there something to do to fix the LV2 export problem?
Thank you in advance
Stefano

The last time I checked it was working. I’ll try tomorrow and let you know.

I’ve now enabled the LV2 plugins to build by default. Can you pull again and try the buildCabbage script?

Unfortunately it still doesen’t work but this time I’ve noticed these lines at the end of the build:

/usr/local/include/csound/csoundCore.h:87:0: warning: “OK” redefined
#define OK (0)
^
In file included from …/…/Source/./Plugin/…/CabbageLookAndFeel.h:32:0,
from …/…/Source/./Plugin/…/CabbageCustomWidgets.h:24,
from …/…/Source/./Plugin/CabbagePluginEditor.h:23,
from …/…/Source/CabbageCustomWidgets.cpp:3:
…/…/Source/./Plugin/…/CabbageUtils.h:56:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define OK 0
^
Compiling CabbageMessageSystem.cpp
Linking CabbageHost
cp: impossibile eseguire stat di “./build/CabbagePluginEffectLV2.so”: File o directory non esistente
cp: impossibile eseguire stat di “./build/CabbagePluginSynthLV2.so”: File o directory non esistente

That is something like:
cp: impossible to perform stat of “./build/CabbagePluginEffectLV2.so”: File or directory does not exists
cp: impossible to perform stat of “./build/CabbagePluginSynthLV2.so”: File or directory does not exists

Hope it makes debugging easier

Are you sure you are working from the develop branch? Can you look at the buildCabbage script and see if it’s the same as this one:
https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/blob/develop/Builds/Linux/buildCabbage

Cloned repository and downloaded zip file (from github develop branch) with both builds I still get the same error.
I’ve compared the build cabbage script and is the same you posted.
Could it be that I’m still on ubuntu 14.04?

By the way, thank you for your help

I don’t think that shouldn’t make any difference. One thing you can try is running the following two commands from the Builds/Linux directory:

make -f MakefilePluginEffectLV2 clean
make -f MakefilePluginEffectLV2 -j4

Let me know if that works. If it does you should CabbagePluginEffectLV2.so file in your Builds/Linux/build build directory.

Still no luck

terminates with a fatal error

Compiling juce_data_structures.cpp
Compiling juce_events.cpp
Compiling juce_graphics.cpp
Compiling juce_gui_basics.cpp
Compiling juce_gui_extra.cpp
Compiling juce_PluginUtilities.cpp
Compiling juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp
Compiling juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp
…/…/JuceLibraryCode/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/VST/juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp:69:51: fatal error: public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.h: File o directory non esistente
#include <public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/intermediate/Debug/juce_VST_Wrapper_bb62e93d.o] Errore 1
make: *** Attesa per i processi non terminati…

Seems that is looking for VST 2 stuff wihile I’m providing VST3 SDK.

tried to build with vst sdk 2.4 but after the
I sill get the same error.

Try renaming your VST3 folder to “VST3 SDK” and then simply calling

./buildCabbage

Your paths should then be the same as the ones in the make files.

I can confirm this as I’ve also cloned the latest development branch from GitHub.

I called the build process with
./buildCabbage "/usr/local/include/csound/" "/usr/local/lib/" "/home/temrix/SDKs/VST3\ SDK/"

Output at the end:
Linking CabbageHost cp: Aufruf von stat für './build/CabbagePluginEffectLV2.so' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden cp: Aufruf von stat für './build/CabbagePluginSynthLV2.so' nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

However, everything, including LV2 compiled fine with version 1.1.0 .

I’ll reclone the repo and try this out a little later on.

When you run

make -f MakefilePluginSynthLV2 -j4

from the Builds/Linux directory, what errors do you get? Are they related to the VST path? Can you try passing the VST path to the makefile? ie.,

make -f MakefilePluginSynthLV2 -j4 VST_SDK=path…

I freshly cloned the repo and now everything works fine. I did not have to specify the VST_SDK path and there were no errors. The only thing I have changed on my side is that I’m now using libjack-jackd2-dev instead of libjack-dev and it seems to work fine.

getDeps.sh includes libjack-dev which depends on libjack0. I had therefore installed this while purging all the other packages which depend on jackd2.
Does Cabbage depend on libjack-dev or can this be substituted by libjack-jackd2-dev?

I’m not sure which one Csound depends on but as far as I know Cabbage will work with either. I’ve certainly never had any issues with either version. It’s all wrapped up JUCE code at any rate. I’ve never had to get my hands dirty coding any Jack functionality :wink: