Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Multi-line comments?

I remember seeing something get “fixed” for multi-line comments… I’m wondering if maybe there was a regression?

Last night I was working on implementing a cabbage version of Steven Yi’s Solina Chorus, and I had copy pasted his multi-line comment explanation into my instrument. This resulted in my effect rendering completely incorrectly, the size was much too big and none of my controls were visible, if they were rendered at all.

It’s not a big deal to convert it to a single line comment… just wondering because I had thought this got fixed somewhere along the way already.

Do you mean multiline comments in your Csound code? This shouldn’t be an issue, as Csound hanfles this. I did do some work on adding quick add/remove comments to highlighted Csound code. but this only ever worked with ; comments. I can take a look at adding it for C style multiline comments too?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant C style multi-line comments
/*
such
as
this
*/

Perhaps the problem is where the comment is? This was near the top in the cabbage section, not in the instrument area itself. I’ll try a few different tests later tonight or over the weekend.

These style of comments should be allowed in the Cabbage section. I’ll take a look when I get a chance. Using ; should work. And you can always select a load of lines and hit Ctrl+/ to comment, or uncomment a block of code.

Yeah, it was easy enough to work around… just figured I’d mention it in case it’s supposed to work.

If you get the chorus effect I just posted, add this to the top cabbage section and reload:
/*
test
*/

It breaks the effect’s UI for me in OSX.