Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

New Cabbage install on win10 can't find csound

Hi
My apologies if this has already been answered. I just installed Cabbage on my desktop along with the built in installation of Csound. Csound appears to have been installed in the folder C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64.

The installation appeared to go fine. When I attempted to start Cabbage, I received an error message:

“The code execution cannot proceed because the csound64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”

I noticed that csound64.dll is in the bin folder of the csound6_x64 program folder I mentioned above, so I’m assuming that there is some path or environment variable that is not configured correctly so that Cabbage doesn’t know where to go looking for the csound dll. Can you indicate what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

I figured out that I had to install CSound separately from Cabbage.
Once I had CSound installed on its own. I uninstalled Cabbage, then
reinstalled Cabbage with the Csound installation turned off and it was able to locate the Csound installation
I had just done separately. So you might want to look into if the Csound bundled with Cabbage does
everything correctly when installing.

rb

I think there was an issue with the installer. It didn’t seem to write the path correctly. I think the latest version should be work better. You can grab it from here.