As you'll see, I've been having some fun converting my most common widgets into imports. After a few days off (hope everyone had a good holiday!) I tried a few of the newest OSX betas from 1/3 and 1/4... both seemed to have the same "major" issue for me. I had been using 12/27 prior without an issue.
It looks like rendering positions is get wonky when multiple widgets groups are imported. I can get two or three imported OK, but then they stop displaying... or more accurately they might be "cascading" their locations to appear off my window or something similar to before.
To help you understand what you're looking at, these are the widgets files/groups being imported so far:
* 2 OL LEDs
* The test audio buttons (L,Mono,Stereo,R)
* The mono collapse buttons (St,Inv,LR,L,R)
* Pan knob with mode button
* +/- (octave style) buttons with number displayed (0)
Here's a screenshot of 12/27 build appearing as it should:
And here's a screenshot of 1/4 build where multiple widgets just don't appear (but seem to exist somewhere off screen):
Lastly, if I disable one of the OL widget groups and the stereo/mono collapse buttons by commenting them out, I can make this happen. You'll see the +/- buttons completely moved positions, even appearing to change from one groupbox to the other!:
Here's another odd one... font sizes are very random now, and sometimes even change while I'm using the instrument. In the following screenshot, both pairs of controls are drawn in the same way and have always appeared identical in previous versions. The combobox and the rsliders are the clearest examples, you'll even see one letter is rendered as half one size half another. They appeared the same at first, but after very little use the appearance went haywire:
Would it maybe be possible to use defined strings for importing? For example:
#define COMMON_IMPORTS "includes/tg_colors.inc.csd","plants/quickclip.xml","plants/test.xml","plants/collapse.xml","plants/pan.xml"
form caption("GUI Test") size(380,294), pluginID("tgui"), import($COMMON_IMPORTS), $ROOT
Or maybe even allow if to be defined from within the same line, such as if it were defined in tg_colors.inc.csd, and then expanded like this:
form caption("GUI Test") size(380,294), pluginID("tgui"), import("includes/tg_colors.inc.csd",$COMMON_IMPORTS), $ROOT
I know... it might be a stretch, and it's cool if not. I'm just trying to find as many obvious ways to cut down on doing the same things over and over and over again as I can.
Lastly, any news on imported plants supporting multiple widget groups to import (for example, the vertical vs horizontal layouts in the same xml file). I think that's one of the last big things my fingers are crossed for!
Thanks, and as always let me know if examples will help... the main problems didn't seem to be specific to my plants, but I could be wrong.