Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 2

Here are the latest standalone betas.

LINKS REMOVED - Please see new posts

======================================================================

NOTE: Cabbage syntax is now case sensitive. All identifiers are lower case.

I think I’ve got most of the issues raised in the last thread although I’ll need to get my hands on a MacBook to sort the scrolling issues. These zips ship with all of the examples, so please try out as many as you can to see that they all work Ok, and exactly as they do in the current release of Cabbage.

I still have a large list of things to do, but we’re getting there.

I think something is wrong with mouse y position tracking (reserved channel “MOUSE_Y”).
Try ImageSliders.csd and you’ll see what I mean - the tops of the bars no longer align with the mouse position, they seem to be out by about 20 pixels. I think this accounts for the problems I was encountering with PingClang.csd also.
On the plus side GUI updating is much quicker and smoother.
The OSX version unzips as Cabbage 3 :wink:

Thanks Iain. I’ll take a look. I’m glad to hear that updating is quicker. It’s so much simpler on the inside now. Cabbage 3? Apple must be trying to get me to follow their update policy and release a new version while users are still beta testing the current one!

Hey Rory, Almost there now:

…/…/Source/Widgets/CabbageWidgetData.cpp: In static member function ‘static juce::String CabbageWidgetData::getCabbageCodeFromIdentifiers(juce::ValueTree, juce::String, juce::String)’:
…/…/Source/Widgets/CabbageWidgetData.cpp:1804:27: error: ‘oldIdentifiers’ was not declared in this scope
return updateIdentifiers(oldIdentifiers, newIdentifiers);
^
…/…/Source/Widgets/CabbageWidgetData.cpp:1804:43: error: ‘newIdentifiers’ was not declared in this scope
return updateIdentifiers(oldIdentifiers, newIdentifiers);
^
MakePluginSynth:337: recipe for target ‘build/intermediate/Release/CabbageWidgetData_ba1d0870.o’ failed
make: *** [build/intermediate/Release/CabbageWidgetData_ba1d0870.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
cp: cannot stat ‘./build/Cabbage’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘./build/CabbagePluginSynth.so’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘./build/CabbagePluginEffect.so’: No such file or directory

Best,

dp

Hi Dave, my bad, and Travis even told me about the error. 've made some changes since then that really shouldn’t be public, so in the meantime can you simple replace that lines with:

return updateIdentifiers (cabbageCode, currentLineText);

Let me know if that works.

Thanks, Rory, that builds Cabbage. No export yet ?

Not yet Dave. I really want to make sure all is good with the standalone first before I unleash exporting.

I’ve just updated those binaries again with the following changes:

• added string channel types to combo boxes
  • fixed align issue with comboboxes
  • fixed range slider issues
  • fixed elongated checkboxes
  • fixed xypad issue
  • rewrote parser to address issues reported by Iain
  • updated button text look and feel and fixed comments breaking macros
  • added better handling of insertion of auto-generated code

The ability to colourise the button widget (i.e. “colour:0(0,10,0), colour:1(0,150,0)”) seems to have gone. Try TR-808 and the Play and Stop buttons for a demo of this.
I see you have tweaked the way in which the text moves in upon pressing. This looks convincing if the buttons are a certain width but if they are particularly narrow, as in the Play and Stop buttons again, the font squashes strangely upon pressing.

Thanks Iain. I’ll take a look, and thanks for your patience. This is definitely a result of the parser rewrite. There may be other things lurking too…

Btw, one fairly huge thing that I neglected to mention is Cabbage syntax is now case sensitive! It seemed like a pretty bad idea to convert all strings to lowercase before doing comparisons. It’s fine on startup, but when passing identifier channel data on the fly, often several times a second, it just slows things up. Anyhow, you have FontColour() written for your TR-808…

I think those FontColours are relics from the early days, I’ll get them all changed. Incidently, is there a search and replace/replace all, in the new Cabbage?

Ctrl+h is your friend. Or enemy, depending on how well it works…

Ctrl+H does nothing on Mac so it seems it is ambivalent towards me…

Command and H?

CMD+H hides the editor window. Can we have a menu item in the meantime?

Yup. For sure! When you go to the Edit menu, what shortcut does it give for Find? It should be something + r, something +h should give replace?

The indicated shortcut for ‘find’ is cmd+F, which does indeed work.

It seems that cmd+H is an OSX shortcut to hide the current window. I’ve replaced it with cmd+r and I’ve uploaded a new binary. Round up of what’s new:

• button colours should be fixed
  • added menu commands for replace
  • added settings to disable popup auto complete things