Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 5

Sugar, I forgot about the macro issue. My bad. Commas or no commas, they are not needed between identifiers, but they are used within identifiers. Can you give me an example of the visible/active not working. I just tested here and unchecking either results in the code and widget being updated? Thanks for testing this. I’m not sure many people are using the GUI editor to create GUIs yet.

Here’s what I meant. (Also, how do you convert from a screencast to a gif?)

WidgetTest.zip (79.1 KB)

Edit: Also, when you try to close a file with unsaved changes, it brings up a dialog box, which says do you want to save. If I click on no, it’ll get rid of the dialog box but doesn’t close the file.

Edit 2: gentable tablecolour can’t be changed, it’s by default a red-white gradient.

I see what you mean now. I’m looking into it. I usually do my sreen-gifs on Linux using Byzanz, but I’ve also used a tool called ScreenToGif for Windows. It work very well too.

Not sure what you mean about gentable tablecolour. It’s working Ok for me here? This could be a good opportunity for you to test out the ScreenToGif software :wink: Btw, I fixed the active/visible issue. But I want to take a look at the macro issue before I update the binaries.

Voila!

It introduces a new attribute like this: tablecolour:0(105, 219, 135, 255)
But that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Now I see what you mean. This needs updating. I’ll take a look. Nice gif :wink:

Another weird thing I noticed. Anytime I have a compilation error, the right channel gets switched off. The only way I can get it to work properly again is by quitting Cabbage and running it again.
test.csd (668 Bytes)
Just make any compilation error on that sketch and try again. (Windows)

Thanks. You don’t need to restart, just open the Cabbage patcher and repatch the right channels. I’ll try to sort this. It’s kind of annoying…

Also, what is an Audio graph supposed to be?

You mean where or what? You can open it from the view menu, and it’s way of connecting lots of different instruments together. Just open and run a few instruments and they will appear in the graph. Then you can patch them in a modular way.

Umm, I meant what. And I still don’t get it. Is it supposed to be a graphical window? Currently, when I try running 2 or 3 instruments, with the audio graph on, I can hear the output from all of them. If I switch audio graph off, it bypasses all the instruments. Besides this, I don’t see anything else. The cabbage patcher shows all 3 instruments patched in.

You use AudioMulch right? Think of this as a simplified version of that. Right-click to add new nodes, and use the mouse to edit or manipulate current connections. Cabbage sets up each instrument to an output by default, but you can reroute them any way you want. You can send the output of a synth into a reverb for example. Anything is possible.

I just updated the binaries. The macro issue should be sorted now. On top of that I’ve updated gentable. Note that the correct way to specify colours is to use tablecolour:n(), where n is the table number. This means you can use names or RGB values to set table colours. Gradient for VU type tables can have as many colours as you like now. Simple use the same colourtable:n() system for those. Check out the heinous VU meters below!

That is ghastly! Works great, thanks!

1 Like

A bit of a problem in the latest binary:

The problem is, when any widget is clicked for editing, it is being updated and rewritten in the code, on the line before it. Si it either overwrites an existing widget entry or introduces a new entry on an empty line.

Also, couple of questions about the XY pad (I think you might still be working on these) :

1. What happened to the buttons that where there at the bottom? Drag and release for free motion or between set point.
  2. The Y value is inverted. YMin is all the way at the top, and YMax is at the bottom.

It seems my macro fix had undesired effects on other parts of the code. I’ve reverted so you can at least continue to use the GUI editor without a problem. I haven’t got around to adding the drag and release option. I was hoping no one would notice!! I’ll look into the Y value issue when I get a chance.

I have pushed a fix for the macro issue, I think. It passes my tests, but I would appreciate it if you could try it with some of yours. Just uploading now. Might take a moment or two…

Works great!

I’ve got an issue with groupbox in Cabbage2. It seems to draw the outline line regardless of the linewidth parameter, and (more importantly) it draws the line separating caption from content. In Cabbage 1 I could have just a “featureless” groupbox. Did the keyword for specifying line thickness change perhaps?

<Cabbage>
form size(863, 810), caption("VST_MIDIator"), pluginID("vmid")
image bounds(0, 0, 863, 810),  shape("sharp"), colour(5,15,20)
label text("port"), bounds(10, 10, 80, 12), identchannel("port_id")

groupbox bounds(5, 30, 853, 81), plant("plant_parm1"), linethickness("0"), { 
}
</Cabbage>
<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-n -d -+rtmidi=NULL -Q0 -M0 -m0d
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>

ksmps = 64
	nchnls = 2
	0dbfs = 1

instr 98
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
i 98 0 86400
e
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

My bad. I’ll upload new binaries later today. For what it’s worth, outlinethickness() will control the thickness of the outer line, while linethickness() will control the thickness of the line under the groupbox text. Note also that you no longer need to name plants. Opening and closing curly brackets are enough:

image bounds(10, 10, 100, 100)
{
//sone controls
}