Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 8

I PM you a link to download it .

Thanks @Karamel1! Iā€™m afraid I might have to lean heavy on you over the next few weeks as I donā€™t have access to a proper Windows build environment! Do you think you might be able to install the Nullsoft installer I use to create the Windows packages? You can find it here. Once installed can you try compiling this file with it:
https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabaiste/blob/master/Builds/VisualStudio2015/Cabbage64InstallerCanonical.nsi
You will need to comment out line 68 by placing a ; in front of it. You may also need to tweak a few things. As you can see itā€™s mostly paths to files. If you manage to get this working it would be great. We could continue to release packages while Iā€™m away from Windows!

Hi. Now testing the latest Cabbage 2 beta on OSX, and it seems widgetarrays does not update on screen when iden messages are sent. For example the Bubbles.csd and PebblesInAPond.csd does not produce any animated graphics. Still, identchannels seems to work, as the AlphaFade.csd example does provide animated graphics.

Thanks Oeyvind. Iā€™ll look into it.

Hi,
I have been trying the 2.0 beta and it really seems a huge step up from the previous version. But there is one thing that seems to have changed, and without docs I canā€™t figure it out: The name of the identchannel does not work for widget arrays, so e.g. this line in the docs example:
S2 sprintfk ā€œtest_ident%dā€, iCnt+1
doesnā€™t work.
Is this a bug, or do you have a new way of setting the values for identchannels for the 2.0?

I think this is a bug. Actually bug is too strong a word, I just never got around to making sure this works in Cabbage 2. Iā€™m looking into it now.

[edit] what OS are you on? OSX is a little behind the Windows/Linux version as I am not currently in a position to build on OSX. If you fancy having a go at building yourself Iā€™d be more than happy to help you out!

[edit2] widgetarray are now working fine for me here on Linux. Note that the version for OSX that you are using also has a pretty terrible bug regarding mapping of ranges to parameters in VST pluginsā€¦

Thanks for the quick reply! Ok itā€™s a bug. I am on OSX, but unfortunately I have not got into the building business, at least not yet :frowning: So if Linux works, it is probably an OSX issue. Iā€™ll just stay on version 1 for this project until you get around looking at it.

I can prepare a new OSX version in 3 weeks time when I return to Ireland. It will be worth waiting for I promise!

A fix for this was posted aboveā€¦?

This is not an easy one to fix. The library I use groups radiogroup buttons by their parent. So when a button is placed within a parent it will no longer be connected as a radiogroup to anything outside that parent. The solution, for now at least, is to create your own radio-grouping in Csound code.

Should be fixed now.

Also fixed.

I just added this now. [quote=ā€œKaramel1, post:1, topic:609ā€]
Combobox selected item disappear when loading a file into function table + soundfiler
[/quote]

Can you further elaborate on this one? Iā€™m not sure I follow?

Hello Rory,
First post is updatedā€¦ many strike through tags now ! Congratulations !

The combobox / soundfiler bug is shown int the bug csd attached to the first post.
Select an item in the combobox, then load a sound into soundfiler using the open file button : Magic ā€¦ The selected item in the combo box does not show anymore (at least in Windows), just a yellow rectangle, no text.

Somehow, I did strike through the last bug today based on the last github. Congatulations !

Great, Iā€™ve just one or two more things to add. After that I might ask you to prepare the next Windows build.

I find that combobox does not recall its value in a saved Reaper song, is this covered by the other discussions/issues on combobox above?

Did you build cabbage from github? If not I can provide the very last precompiled windows versions.

I did not build it here, so Iā€™d be grateful to get your build. The one I have is also your build (July 13th is the file date here).

Here is the link to dl the files :
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/929a54c7c5034f1ac29f40b68296bb5820170807221059/b69048faa7f019dcc3f672dcc907a13020170807221059/757bd8

Thanks so much for the build.
Sorry to say it still does not recall combobox values.
Hereā€™s an example csd that does not recall the saved values.

<Cabbage>
form size(463, 180), caption("Combo box recall"), pluginID("cbbr")

combobox bounds(140, 30, 55, 12), channel("p_size"), items("256", "512", "1024", "2048", "4096", "8192", "16384", "32768", "65536"), value(1), channeltype("string")
combobox bounds(200, 30, 55, 12), channel("f_size"), items("256", "512", "1024", "2048", "4096", "8192", "16384", "32768", "65536"), value(7), channeltype("string")
label bounds(145, 45, 55, 10), text("p_size"), align("left"),  
label bounds(205, 45, 55, 10), text("f_size"), align("left"),  

csoundoutput bounds(10, 80, 456, 91) text("Output") 

</Cabbage>
<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-n
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>

instr 1
 a1, a2 ins
 Spartsize chnget "p_size"
 Sfiltsize chnget "f_size"
 kpartsize strtodk Spartsize
 kfiltsize strtodk Sfiltsize
 printk2 kpartsize
 printk2 kfiltsize, 10
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
i1 0 86400
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

Looking into this now. Btw Oeyvind, if you donā€™t format your code (press the </> button) when you post it it wonā€™t show correctly.

Looks like an issue when dealing with string channels. The values donā€™t want to updateā€¦

Just pushed a fix through now. Maybe @Karamel1 could build you a new version. The problem is in updating the combobox value from Csound when dealing with strings. For now they work only one way, i.e., sending strings to Csound. Btw, would it not be easier to use a non-string number box and an array of fft sizes? I donā€™t see much point in working with strings here, although if the point was to illustrate this bug, itā€™s does so very well!

[edit] just to make this clear, string-channel combos cannot have their value updated from Csound using chnget, regular combos can. Iā€™ll look for a fix for this.

I just realised I totally forgot to check that string combos still work! I wonā€™t be able to check till later. I was so preoccupied with getting their initial value correct that I failed to check their basic usage :roll_eyes:

[edit] this will need a little more workā€¦sorry about thatā€¦