Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Problem in mapping MIDI controller

Hi everybody,
I have a Korg nanoKontrol2 and a CME XKey 37 Keyboard. I cannot manage in mapping any parameter to a slider / knob (nanoKontrol2) or noteOn/Off valure (XKey). What is the right procedure?
Clicking ‘Cmd+M’ the Cabbage Message is: “[…] first select the parameter, then move the MIDI controller”: it means in the UI or in the left-side bar? However in both case it does not work.
And linking ‘MIDI IN’ object to an other does not work.
Someone can help me?
Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,
Walter.

P.S. ‘Incoming MIDI’ object receive anything…

You are referring to using Cabbage Studio? Did you select the Korg device in your MIDI settings dialogue? Cabbage Studio is still a little rough around the edges. Have you used an other host in the past, Live, Cubase, Bitwig, Reaper etc? It should be easier to do mapping there. I can take a look at the issue and see if I can recreate it, but it won’t be for a week or so as I’m currently away from work.

1 Like

Hi Rory,
thank you for your reply! Yes, I’m talking about Cabbage Studio. Yesterday I forgot to select nanoKontrol in the MIDI settings. Today I do what you suggest and I manage in assign MIDI knob/fader clicking on the parameter on the left window. But there are new problem: assigning a fader ‘X’ to this parameter don’t block the other fader to control the same parameter. Should have I to click again CMD + M?
Thank you again and congratulations for Cabbage, it is wonderful!

Best wishes,
Walter

P.S. I have attached an image of a simple setup I have tested.

OK. We’re getting somewhere :wink: there is a midi mappings dialogue that you can open that will let you edit connections. That should do the trick.

Ok, now everything works fine!
In the next upgrade will be the change to delete some mapping assigned? I cannot delete any line from MIDI Mappings window.

Best wishes,
Walter.

P.S. I will do an extended report about some little bugs found in the patch loaded, there are a lot of click changing some parameters and some “objects” makes Cabbage crash directly!

I’ll add it to the list!