Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Problems installing Cabbage AU

Hi everyone,

I’ve just started using Cabbage, and I’m having some problems installing Cabbage AU on my MacBook Pro. I’ve tried the current installer for OSX, but the AU plug-in doesn’t seem to be appearing in any of the libraries or in the music folder on my computer. Is there a separate installer that I’m missing, or anywhere else I should try to look for the plug-in on my computer?

Thanks so much for your help!

IIRC the installer is on the official GitHub repo: https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/releases

Just download the CabbageAudioUnitsInstaller.pkg:

Note they are old packages, they may work, but if they don’t you’re kind of out of luck. I will try to return to the AU version of Cabbage in the next few months. The AU version was always a bit tricky to develop because of big difference in the AU and VST frameworks. I will return to it soon I hope, and provide an even better AU experience for users!

Thanks for the responses! The installer got the plug-ins into the right place, but Logic is having some problems opening them. It looks like the same problem others have had in the past, so I’m going to take a look through some of the older threads and see if I can figure it out.