Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Thorin Bass Synthesiser

Thorin Kerr posted this instrument to the Csound list today. I added a few controls and way of saving presets. Some interesting sounds here. Thanks to Thorin for letting me use his code.

ThorinBass.csd (3.9 KB)

p.s. anyone want to share a few presets? I’m starting to collect a few.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for share it. Today work about presets…

R

Hi,

here are some presets; many are to be played in the range of C1 - C2. If you have a Subwoofer sound’s better!!!

PS: Rory is normal to see the hslider in the background of “xypad” opcode?

Thorin Bass Synthesizer_first_Presets.zip (8.2 KB)

Thanks for all!!!

R

Nice sounds. the background slider controls the speed of the ball when you automate it.

Hello all in this thread. I have included updated version of ThorinBass in my collection of musical tools (see https://tildegit.org/severak/falco/src/branch/master/thorin).

I updated saving and loading mechanism to one used in contemporary Cabbage. I have edited presets presets by @Codesound to fit in new saving format.

However - there is no license mentioned so my distribution is legally grey area… Can I ask @rorywalsh to ask Thorin for permission to license it somehow (MIT, GPL, I am fine with almost every open source license)? The same goes for @Codesound’s presets…

I don’t have a contact for him, but I can ping him through the Csound list. Thanks for updating. I had forgotten about this one.