Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Troubles on Cabbage v2.0.0 for Windows

Hi, I downloaded last cabbage v2.0.0 (8th February, 2018) release and I found some problems (I’m on Windows 10 64bit):

1. after installing cabbage, there is no csound manual (I have to install csound separately to get the docs);
  2. the cabbage manual default setting points to a wrong dir;
  3. I noticed the font in the editor is a bold font. How can I change that? I don’t like bold fonts.
  4. I have no syntax help bar in this 2.0 release. In the old cabbage 1.0, the syntax help bar was there.

Anyway, thanks for your great work, I think that Cabbage is a very good software (apart from the small bugs)!

Thanks, As it happens, I’m currently working on point 1, 2, and 4. I can look into a way of changing the default font from bold to normal. For now, to sort the issue of the opcode help bar, just copy this file into the main Cabbage folder, and restart Cabbage.

I hope to hope to get the other things sorted over the weekend when I have more time on my Windows PC.

Thankyou very much!
Another thing: the helper bar shows a loopseg opcode syntax different from the one in the official csound manual:

ksig loopseg kfreq, ktrig, iphase, kvalue0, ktime0 [, kvalue1] [, ktime1] [, kvalue2] [, ktime2][…]

In your file:

ksig loopseg kfreq, ktrig, ktime0, kvalue0 [, ktime1] [, kvalue1] [, ktime2] [, kvalue2][…]

As you can see:

1. the syntax helper is missing the “iphase” parameter;
  2. the ktime and kvalue parameters are reversed. :slight_smile:

As a last thing, is there a Linux build available of Cabbage 2.0 ? I had troubles to build it from the sources on Ubuntu 16.04LTS.

I haven’t made a Linux build available, but I guess I can release binaries for 16.04LTS, which is what I use myself. The only prerequisite would be that the users installs/builds Csound first.

You can edit the opcodes.txt file. In fact, you might post your updated file and I will include it. That file was created some time ago. I’m not even sure I still have the python script I used to parse the Csound manual to generate it in the first place.

Thank you! I go often from my home laptop (Windows 10 machine) to my Linux workstation (Xubuntu 16.04LTS), so it would be great if I could experiment with Cabbage on both the machines.

I noticed that on my monitor (I tried on two different monitors) the editor scroll bar looks very very dark to me, so I’m having troubles to distinguish it from the (dark grey) default background color. For now I solved my visibility problem changing the background color to white, so that the grey scroll bar is visible on the white backgound.

Here is the opcode file with the corrected loopseg syntax: opcodes.txt (244.5 KB)