Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Windows 10 Issues

I am trying out cabbage on my Alienware PC laptop, and finding a few things that appear to not be working in relation to the OSX version I have been using.

First, when I installed the current windows stable installer, the first time I tried to launch Cabbage after installing it told me that csound was not installed. I downloaded the windows installer again and ran, and it does have a checkbox to install csound in the process and I made sure to check it, but I still got the same error. So I installed the QT Csound and then Cabbage starts correcty.

I opened the Temposcal File Player.csd example and hit the Open button and loaded a sound file, no waveform is displayed in the black rectangle that usually loads the waveform image in the OSX version.

I also closed and restarted to see if that might help, and got this console warning when starting Cabbage back up:
WARNING: could not open library ‘C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\py.dll’ (-1)

I tried building the VSTs and I got an error for each one with a modal window where I had to click ok about 200 times. That was fun. hehe

I clicked the menu item “Help > Context Help” and this happened:

Thanks. I haven’t noticed any issues on Windows but I’ll take a look. Something seems off here…

[edit]

• I can recreate the context help issue. It occurs when no files are open. Should be an easy fix.
  • I can’t recreate the file player issue. Can you confirm that there is a valid audio devices selected before you try to open the file?
  • I’m also not experiencing any issues with the mass export? Perhaps you are trying to export to a location with restricted permissions? I just tried a folder in My Documents and it all worked without a hitch.

Ill confirm about the audio device selection before opening file player and try a different location on the export next time I load up my PC.