Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage problem on AVLinux (debian 11)

Hi everyone,

I installed Cabbage on avlinux (debian 11) but it won’t start. This is the message from the terminal:

Cabbage
Cabbage: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by Cabbage) Cabbage: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.29’ not found (required by Cabbage)
Cabbage: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by Cabbage) Cabbage: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.32’ not found (required by Cabbage)
Cabbage: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by Cabbage) Cabbage: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.33’ not found (required by Cabbage)

Thanks if anyone can help me

Massimo

Hi @MaX. The CI build is using Ubuntu 22.04, which I think is based on Debian 11, so those libraries should be Ok. Do you fancy trying to build Cabbage yourself? Here’s the basic steps. First open you will need to sudo open /etc/apt/sources.list and uncomment any lines starting with #deb-src. The run sudo apt-get update.

Then clone the Cabbage repo, cd to the cabbage folder and run:

pip install requests
 python --version
 python build.py --config=Release --packageType="Remote"

Fingers crossed, it will do everything you need. If it doesn’t find Csound it will build and install it. In fact, if you have an older version of Csound installed, remove it and the build script will install the latest.