Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Detecting mouse hover?

I just tried the latest build, version 2.5.35 and it’s working fine for me? That build is from yesterday evening.

Oh! For some reason it’s working fine for me as well today, even though I’m using the same version (2.5.35) that I was using yesterday… Not too sure what happened with my computer overnight but I’m glad it’s working now. Thanks for your constant updates :slight_smile:

After some tests, typeface does seem to be working properly, but if I try to bundle the font file with my plugin using bundle(), I run into the same issues as before if I try to dynamically change the text of a label. This behavior also tends to be inconsistent - on rare occasions it works properly, other times it has those spacing + character-erasing issues, and sometimes it crashes Cabbage.

If I leave the .ttf out of the bundle() then it works fine. But I’m assuming that one would need to bundle the font file in the plugin in order for the font to “work”?

[edit] - alternatively, including the .ttf in <CabbageIncludes> seems to be working fine, but I’m a bit hesitant to only rely on because it has recently been rather inconsistent for me - sometimes it will somehow try to bundle code that is outside the <CabbageIncludes> </CabbageIncludes> section and result in an error.

[edit #2] moving or resizing the label also re-introduces the spacing/erasing issues (and occasionally a crash). In the past I’ve noticed that moving/resizing widgets via the editor mode sometimes causes non-visuals-related arguments (like the signalVariable of a signalDisplay, or the mode of a filebutton) to disappear or change, so maybe this problem has something to do with that.

Both includes and bundle just copy files into the .vst bundle. I would steer people towards bundle() over the include section which is deprecated. You can always try the old fashioned way, just copy the font file and drop it into the .vst bundle manually. You’ll need to right click the vst bundle and ‘show contents’ then navigate to the folder with the .csd file and place the font there. Let me know how that goes.

Ah, I see. Manually dropping the font file (as well as other needed files) into the folder with the .csd works. Thanks again!

Thanks for checking. I’ll look into this. There must be something wrong when trying to bundle fonts.

1 Like

Yes sure… Sorry for that