Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Does selecting a range in soundfiler produce a output?

Nice, thanks. I see that the path has double slash in them, like this:

C:\\Users\\Dale\\Documents\\Test.wav

Is this intended?

Edit: Re-saving (overwriting) a preset causes a bug in the path:

Goes from

C:\\Users\\Dale\\Documents\\Test.wav

to

C:\\\\Users\\\\Dale\\\\Documents\\\\Test.wav

Is this with session saving, or presets?

Presets inside Reaper, windows 10.

Dang it, itā€™s working fine here on my Mac. I can save and recall files in both sessions and presets. Let me take a look.

Ok, Iā€™ve pushed another fix just now so that it saves files with the / instead of \. I donā€™t have access to a Windows machine to test right now, so can you let me know if this works?

Going to test when the build is ready :+1:

1 Like

That actually seems like it solved it :+1:

One thing I notice is that if you close the host, and reopen the session, the presetbutton will say ā€œPresetā€ instead of the preset-name. Doesnā€™t really matter, just a small observation.

Seems like FL is struggling to find .vst3 exports, while Reaper works fine. I think Iā€™ve observed that these past months, so I donā€™t think itā€™s a new thing.

There is another issue too I just noticed. If you close the plugin UI and save the session. The range wonā€™t show highlighted when you next open the plugin UI. Right now I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to set the range dynamically. If it was one could address this issue. Iā€™ll take a look tomorrow. Maybe itā€™s already possible and Iā€™ve just forgotten.

Are you placing them into the correct folder? I know some hosts insist that all VST3 plugins are located in directories specified by Steinberg.

What the heck, it does show up when placed in the standard C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 folderā€¦ but not in the custom folder Iā€™ve also selected in the FL Studio Plugin Manager :rofl:

Edit: Figured it out, you can only add custom VST folders, and not VST3 :man_facepalming:

Iā€™ve been that soldier. Itā€™s really annoying that now insist on this, whereas with VST2 it was perfectly acceptable. Anyway, Iā€™m glad itā€™s working now :+1:

New build underway. So Iā€™ve exposed the internal regionStart and regionLength identifiers for the soundfiler. Although you can still use channels and cabbageGetValue to get this info, itā€™s more readable to use the identifiers.

kStartPos, kUpdateRegionPosTrig cabbageGet "soundfiler1", "regionStart"
kRegionLength, kUpdateRegionLengthTrig cabbageGet "soundfiler1", "regionLength"

Iā€™ve also made it possible to dynamically update the region from Csound, so this is how one can make sure the region shows in the right place when the plugin is opened. FWIW, Iā€™m attaching a very rough, one size fits all, test instrument that Iā€™m using to test a range of things introduced in the last few builds.

statePresetTest.csd (5.2 KB)

Note: you will need to modify the path to the presets folderā€¦

Are you on a different version of Csound than me? :rofl:

error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT, expecting T_OPCODE or T_FUNCTION or ',' or '='  (token "tab2array") from file C:\Users\Dale\Downloads\statePresetTest.csd (1)
 line 77:
>>>    kTable[] tab2array <<<
Parsing failed due to invalid input!
Stopping on parser failure
cannot compile orchestra

Hereā€™s a bug I found in the old instrument I tested with. If you tab out/focus another window, and then go back to Reaper, the waveform will dissapear. It also clears the ā€œfileā€-value in the preset when re-saving, and you can no longer use the keyboard to trigger that sound.

Would be neat if there was an identifier that also allowed populating the preset-system with presets from the plugin or .csdā€™s path for testing this kind of stuff. Just a thought though, Iā€™m happy with the current solution.

Must be? I guess Iā€™m using the latest?

Iā€™ll test this later :+1:

That would be a bit of work to do but Iā€™ll take a look and see if there might be an easy way of doingā€¦

Iā€™ve been using the one installed with Cabbage. Seems like thatā€™s a older one than the one from https://csound.com/download.html, because after installing that, it worked fine.

1 Like

That was a strange one. Iā€™m not really sure why, but when you tab focus away and back again, Cabbage gets sent the plugin directory for some reason. I donā€™t have time to look into the reason for this now, but in the meantime Iā€™ve put in a check to test whether the requested file is at least a file and not a directory. Can you check it out when the next build is done?

Yes sir :+1:

Itā€™s now acting weird when closing and opening the plugin window in Reaper.

ā€œSamplerHopefulā€ is the newest export.

Right, I see this now too. Ok, we go again :rofl:Iā€™ll let you know when the next build is ready, and thanks for helping to test this, I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

New build triggered. Itā€™s passing my tests here :+1: Throw everything you have at it!