Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

[FIXED] Problem with VST from Cabbage in LMMS

One can produce native Linux VSTs using the Steinberg SDK. That’s what Cabbage does. All the major hosts on Linux read this format. Bitwig, Ardour, Reaper, they all load these type of native plugins. Each time you export a plugin with Cabbage on Linux it produces a native VST.

Okay, I see, so I think it should work then, I will ask the dev and Discord and I’ll let you know what they said about it

They said : lmms doesn’t load native vst or lv2 on Linux

There you go then. Back to Windows we go.

Yeah… I have a software to debug on Windows, like you load the app into it and you can see logs, I’m trying to find it !

EDIT : here it is ! https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/

Dependency Walker? That will show you all the dlls a program tries to load.

1 Like

Oh ! Great tool ! Didn’t know this one !
Do you think we can know the cause of the issue with these tools ?

Hey Rory, I just found out something really interesting !

On LMMS on Windows, in VESTIGE, when you load VST controls using the LMMS interface (the little wrench tool behind the folder icon) and you edit you synth params from here it saves & recall VST settings with the project !

Maybe this new info will be helpful, I don’t know but hopefully it will help !

I’m going to tell it to the LMMS dev because now there is hope :slight_smile:

EDIT : The bug involving setting not saved is almost solved, actually it only happens that LMMS don’t see when params change in Cabbage’s VST, but if after tweaking some settings you (for example) put a note in a pianoroll and save the project, it will save & recall VST’s params.

Now the last bugs are :

• Note that keeps playing when a user clicks on the pianoroll
  • Bugged combobox

Hey @rorywalsh, we found the cause of the problem, it was a double midi event in LMMS, this bug is fixed :slight_smile:
Thank you for your help !

Now only one little think buggd is the bugged combobox ! But it’s not urgent !

That’s great. Thanks for letting us know.

[EDIT: I’ve updated Cabbage to use the latest version of JUCE. There is a chance that this issue will now be resolved. I’ll let you know when there are new binaries ready for Windows so you can try it out ]

1 Like

Perfect ! Can’t wait to give it a try ! Let me know !

Can you try this version? I’ve updated the build scripts to use the latest version of JUCE and Csound. Only I’m having some problems running it as I’m getting an error on launch. Would you mind trying this version and letting me know if it works, at all?

1 Like

I found the problem. The fmod dll needs updating as it links with an older version of Csound. If you simply rename it then Cabbage should work fine. And hopefully that combobox issue is fixed in LMMS.

1 Like

@rorywalsh Thanks a lot ! I’m trying it right now, just I don’t understand what I’m suppose to do with the fmod dll file ?
EDIT : I tried, nothing changed :confused:
I tried with the normal LMMS (without my fix) the endless note bug is still here
And the combobox is still blinking

EDIT2 : This new version crash sometimes when I press CTRL+S to save & start the synth in Cabbage, like I can save 3 times, and the fourth time it crashes

Thanks for checking. I’ll look into that. Probably best to revert to an earlier version for the time being.

1 Like

No problem !
Alright, thanks.
And yeah I reverted to the older version until it’s fixed !
And for the combobox, if they still bug, I will use the buttons, is it possible to switch between 3 values with a button ? (And write the text on it according to the choice)

It’s possible to that in several ways. You can dynamically update the text of a button, or use an image and a label to do the same.

1 Like

@rorywalsh Alright thanks ! I tried and I’m able to add three text values, but can’t seem to toggle between 0 1 2 …
I can add value(2) to start at value 2 but then no way to get back to 2, always 0…1

Try this. I’m just manipulating the text of a label depending on how many times someone hits it.

3ValueButton.csd (1.0 KB)

1 Like

Oh ! Clever ! I’ll try this as soon as I’m back in my computer ! Thanks so much !
I didn’t know it could work this way !

EDIT : Sadly it doesn’t work… When I click on the label, nothing happens, probably related to my problem with the chnset opcode, explained here