Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

LFO on GUI Parameters

MOUSE_X and MOUSE_Y. You will basically have write your own mouse handlers. Not sure how efficient it will be, but I’ve seen people do things with Cabbage I never thought possible, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it works fine :laughing:

Nice, I will try :wink:

So another thing, how can I send sound through a meter-widget?

Also, I have been trying some .png files as testing the UI background, but I seem to get some blur even though the ratio is correct. Any tips on how to improve it?

Did you look at the meters example in the Misc. example menu? That’s a good place to start.

Hmm, I’ve not ever come across this issue before. Can you PM me the image so I can test here?

Ah nevermind, the file was a little different in size than what I thought it was, now it looks crisp.

Yep I checked it out, but "chnset abs(randi:k(1.1, 100, 2)), “vMeter1"”, so vMeter1 is the channel of the meter-widget itself, and would I be able to just set the levels through "chnset abs(ain), ain being the incoming audio?

Ah of course not through a absolute value if the incoming audio is measured in dBFS

The meter widget expects a value between 0 and 1 so you will need to scale accordingly.

Nice, will continue working on the project tomorrow when I’m done with this exam :wink:

What’s the exam? Anything interesting?

I study master in Music Technology at NTNU (you probably know Øyvind?), this exam is a analysis of a electroacoustic composition, so not the most exciting thing, but I am hyped to get back to working with Cabbage and Csound. So many possibilities

Sure I know him well :wink: I visited there once. It’s a nice setup you have over there.

1 Like

Okey, I’m continuing working on it now :smiley: I am implementing a meter now, but I can’t seem to change the color in the meter in the Colours section?

Hmm I really seem to be having troubles with the meter widget. I opened an example you made on the forum, which worked fine on incoming audio, but the overlay colour is changeable, and when I change it, it makes the meter stop working (like the value gets stuck at max)

Also, I was wondering if it’s possible to print out function tables like the images here? https://csound.com/docs/manual/MiscWindows.html

Maybe in CsoundQt or something? I want to adjust the alpha of a Kaiser window, and want to include images of the correct shape that Csound generate, instead of me doing a not that precise drawing in Paint.net :sweat_smile:

gentable is your friend.

1 Like

Perfect!

I’m trying to achieve something of a rectangular window, it seems as if it can be called a trapezoidal window. Like this. fig7_1

Any suggestion on how one could achieve this?

Like this?

Yes! Also should my table sizes be as small as possible? Right now they are set to 16384. Does it have a impact on CPU-usage?