Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Load audio file to ftgen tables when loading presets

Looks like some kind of strange formatting issue. The paths are correct, but Csound seems to be confused. Might be an encoding issue. I’m looking into it.

Thank you for looking at it. I hope there is a solution, although it may be a Csound bug and not a Cabbage one.

Sorry, I meant to say that this is fixed. Should be Ok now with the latest builds.

I’m glad you fixed it! I saw that you have uploaded a new build, tomorrow I’m going to try it and let you know. Thank you.

1 Like

I was testing the new build and it worked great.
I don’t know if you’ve fixed anything else in terms of saving presets with audio, but I’ve noticed that now not only this bug has been fixed but saving presets in general now works really well. I mean, before with build 2.9.44 it worked fine but sometimes after saving the preset it said that the audio file was missing and you had to reload the audio again and then it saved correctly. I have noticed that this now does not happen and the preset saves or loads correctly on the first try even with the audio running. Another good thing is that now this instrument in combination with the code I`ve shared “the next power of 2” is now capable of being frozen and it remembers the samples when is unfrozen (something that before implementing this method did not happen) .The instrument is also cabaple of automatically reloading the samples in a saved Daw session. Therefore it is now fully functional in in relation to saving presets that involve samples.
I leave here a little video having some fun with this instrument I have been working on. Now with presets and fast audio uploading from disk :slight_smile:

That’s great. Nice to hear everything is working as expected now :slight_smile:

1 Like