Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

MIDI transformation possibilities in cabbage and csound

Of course there is a solution. I just want to find the best one :+1:

I just triggered a new build. Things look and sound a lot better now, and the CPU is also way down on the previous iteration. The new build will take an hour or so to complete. Let me know if it works better for you. :+1:

Rory, amazing!

No crushes anymore, the playback is very good and my cpu stays down! I’m testing it with synchronous playback of the same midi file in the DAW and i notice just a minimal delay, even at all!

Very great! I was scared that i have to use Max for this…

BTW: what would be also great for this opcode would be, that the playback can be reset to start by a trigger.

And be tied to Live for the rest of your days. No thanks.

I can add one now. One sec…

I’ve added this now, and updated the example and info on this page. I did swap the i-rate skip time argument with the reset input argument which will break existing orchestras, but I don’t think anyone is really using these opcodes yet, so now is the best time to make this change. I think it works better in this order.

Would be great to see this opcode in the next Csound release! I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

BTW: did something change with the VST export? This happens just in ableton live: i see the list of my cabbage vsts but when i load one of them it’s always the last one that i exported with cabbage that is getting loaded. Reaper still functions.

This opcode won’t ever find it’s way into canonical Csound as it is tied too closely to Cabbage. And to bring it to Csound would involve third party dependencies that no one really cares for, me included.

You’ll need you sign vsts for them to show in Live. If you search the forum for ad-hoc signing you’ll find plenty of threads about it. Reaper doesn’t seem to care about it for the moment, but it most likely will in the future. There is a setting you can try in cabbage to enable this signing, but it can be a little hit and miss.

It seems like ad-hoc signing is not working anymore properly. For me at least. Tried also to do the codesigning in the terminal, which is little bit over my head.

Live can be tricky. But signing from the terminal has never failed for me. What is the error you’re getting? I am travelling for the next few days so won’t be much of a position to help, but will check in with my phone from time to time if I can :+1:

This is my terminal:

philippneumann@Philipps-MBP ~ % codesign --force --deep -s ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Cabbage-VST3/glitch-delay-01.vst3

error: The specified item could not be found in the keychain.

I guess, it has something to do with my certificates. So i looked up into the process of creating my own, but i got to no result.

I don’t think you need to have the s?

i don’t know. it looks like i have to use it. else i get this:

philippneumann@Philipps-MBP ~ % codesign --force --deep ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Cabbage-VST3/midi-file-player.vst3
Usage: codesign -s identity [-fv*] [-o flags] [-r reqs] [-i ident] path … # sign
codesign -v [-v*] [-R=|-R ] path|[+]pid … # verify
codesign -d [options] path … # display contents
codesign -h pid … # display hosting paths

and it’s still like this in live: i try to open plugin ‘A’, live opens plugin ‘B’ - while ‘B’ is the last exported plugin from cabbage.

Ok. This site helped me through the process of signing the plugins manually:
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40005929-CH4-SW1

No i can export plugins without ad-hoc signing and sign them through the terminal

But it’s still the problem in live:

I don’t know

News again:

it looks like the problems ocurre only with vst3… i’m exporting now normal vsts and signing them by myself. right now it’s working. hope for the best.

Hi @ph_ne, I just tested this on my Mac with Live 11 and after running the following ad-hoc signing command from the terminal it opened without an issue:

sudo codesign -s - ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/RingModdy.vst3 --timestamp --force --deep

Can you try that command?

Sadly the same problem with this command. It replaces the signature but ableton still opens the last exported vst3.

Are you using the same plugin ID for each plugin, that could be the issue?

Oh my god…
This was the reason. I never changed the pluginID and it seemed to work for a long time.
Now it’s working. But i still have to use manual signing for a few plugins.

Thanks Rory! I feel so stupid :smiley:

Not your fault, I should have mentioned that before now :rofl: VST3 seems to be far more particular when it comes to the plugin ID than the older VST2.4