Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Presets...once again

I tried to get this work with the older guiMode() but it’s just too complicated. With guiMode("queue") it works fine as guiMode("queue") lets controls be updated regardless of whether audio is on or not. This was one of the main reason for changing, along with improved performance. Can you test it and let me know? Thanks.

Thanks, deleting it fixed it.

I should probably do screenshots of every preset I’ve made so far and just remake them with the new system right?

Also Rory, this happened with the delete window.

PresetWeirdDelete

That’s odd. I will need to test this on Windows myself when I get a chance. I’m not sure why the styling is not the same there. Also, I thought I had fixed that typo :rofl: Are the other dialogue windows also showing with this plain styling?

No, the save one is normal

Thanks. I’ll take a look. :+1:

Just remade all the presets. The .snaps file is a lot cleaner and easier to handle now, great job :+1:

Can you try the latest build? I just tested here on Windows and the styling looks fine for me. Note that I only checked with a plugin, perhaps you’re seeing this issue from the Cabbage IDE?

Yes, tested it now. It was inside Cabbage. It still looks like that inside Cabbage after I installed the new build, but I exported to .vst and tested in FL, and looks normal there.

So are things looking good now? If so I will prepare you new builds with the latest changes :wink:

Testing when the last build is ready on Azure

Edit: You fixed it Rory :+1:

I’m just building a new Windows package for you now. MacOS will come after that. I’m hoping gerbo comes back to us with more info about the presets. He’s a beta testing machine! If there is an issue, he’ll find it :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks, but might want to send it over PM so everyone doesn’t grab the files :wink:

Sorry about that. Time to change that link!

The issue @gerbo posted about the presets not being saved in Cubase or Logic, IF the user has not started audio is still valid if you don’t use the new GUI mode. It’s good to be aware of this in case anyone queries it.

Thanks, do you have the thread with info about the new GUI mode?

I wish there was a “announcement”-category or something like that that only you have access to posting posts in. Some of the new beta-changes sometimes get lost in different threads, and I think it would be useful to separate them from the other posts?

True. I will set up an announcements category that people can check :+1:

1 Like

The post you are looking for is this one:

Note that changing to the new guiMode() now will mean that you have to update all your identchannel() stuff. To be honest, it’s a rare case that someone would save a preset without having listened to it first :man_shrugging:

Ah, so it is in fact only if the audio has not started at all during that specific session?

Not quite. It will remember that state of the sliders when the audio last stopped. It’s a pain. Logic and Cubase don’t run their plugins processor methods unless the users has started playback. All other hosts run these methods continuously.

Ah okey, yeah that sounds annoying, will mention this stuff in the FAQ.