Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Problem displaying waveform with gentable and problem exporting in .vst

I’m be very interested to know if this works. Indeed, I’m happy to test if you have something to send me.

hi rory, sorry if i reopen the thread, i can’t figure out where i am wrong. Again regarding the updating of tables. I put a series of ifs so that it loads me a table rather than another, on the sound it works, the widget instead does not,

I am attaching an example

tableTest.zip (119.0 KB)

i haven’t been able to fix this problem yet … every time the project is saved and reopened, it opens in default

if you want to do some export tests on the total project, here is the repository

The first thing I see is an invalid channel name :see_no_evil:

:man_shrugging:

The second thing I see is an error in your csd file.

error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT  (token "vclpf") from file C:\Users\rory\Documents\VSTs\KlownTest.csd (1)
 line 936:
>>>        ares vclpf <<<
Unexpected untyped word ares when expecting a variable
Parsing failed due to invalid input!

Oh yes fixed :see_no_evil:

it’s strange, it doesn’t give errors to me, maybe because it’s a new opcode inserted in one of the latest versions of csound?

Yes that’s it. I was testing in an old laptop. I’ll try again when I get home and let you know. Did changing the channel name fix things? The last time we spoke I got it work by fixing all the channels. Or at least I thought I did :thinking:

I don’t think we actually got around to discussing this one :slight_smile: If we had I would have suggested that you use gentable to display only one table. And then in your Csound code copy tables to this table. So if you create a new function table, let’s say table 6. Then in this section, copy the contents of the current table to function table 6:

if gkmorf==1 then
aout poscil3 1, 110, 3
tablecopy 6, 3
else
aout poscil3 1, 110, 4
tablecopy 6, 4
endif

Here is your file updated. tableTest.csd (2.1 KB)

The reason I would advise against dynamically changing gentable sources on the fly is that it does some memory allocation, which can lead to dropouts. And that’s not a risk you should take here especially considering it’s only cosmentic.