Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Super noob quesrion im afraid to askj

The ‘delay’ that is here is a comb filter. Only the reverb time can be changed at k-rate. What parameter o the delay are you trying to change? The delay time maybe? Then don’t use a comb filter, but try a variable delay opcode like vdelay. Note that changing a delay’s length in realtime will result in audio clicks.

i just want a simple 1 knob verb (or other effects ) that i can control with asimple knob,its just a simple effect detail to apply to the sounds,
you gave me this code,in this same conversation above( thank you) what and where on the script do i need to change here to make a knob control the delay or any other 1 knob effect? im verry thankfull for your help if its posible.

;triggering samples...
instr 1
event_i "i", 99, 0, .25, p4
endin

;sampler instrument
instr 99
iTable = p4
p3 = ftlen(iTable) 
aOut loscil3 1, 1, iTable, 1, 0;
outs aOut, aOut
chnset aOut, "samplerOut"
endin  

instr Delay 
aSig chnget "samplerOut"
aDel comb aSig, 3, .2
outs aDel, aDel
chnclear "samplerOut"
endin

schedule("Delay", 0, 3600)

As I mentioned earlier, you might want to look at using a vdleay, so that you can change the delay times, although it may well lead to audio clicks.

instr  Delay 
    kDel chnget "delay"
    aSig chnget "samplerOut"
    aDel vdelay aSig, a(kDel), 1000
    outs aDel,aDel
    chnclear "samplerOut"
endin

Just make sure the range of your delay slider is within 0 and 1000 or else you will try to set a delay that is longer than the maximum delay length.

ok thanx, ,so this schedule delay script i have to eliminate?, also when i put the delay knob to 0 the drums sound in phase, i verify and eliminate the delay to compare and the drums sound i back to normal,
this is my delay line, before i set up to 0-1000 but no effect came out:
rslider channel(“delay”), bounds(12, 148, 196, 231), text(“Effect”), range(0, 3600, 1000, 1, 0.001) trackerColour(0, 255, 255, 0) markerColour(255, 0, 0, 0) outlineColour(255, 0, 0, 0) textColour(0, 0, 0, 0) alpha(0.96) trackerInsideRadius(0.2) trackerOutsideRadius(0.65) identChannel(“delay”) imgFile(“Slider”, “Untitled design-21.png”), thanx

If you remove this the delay instrument won’t play at all…

That’s doesn’t really tell me much. Can you post some full code?