Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Tweak Requests

The output sound files seem to actually be 32-bit float. So that’s nice.

That’s good to know :+1: I just pushed another change here. You press arm for record, it turns red. You hit play on an instrument and the arm for record button is disabled, turning a slightly darker red. In this state it cannot be interacted with. When the user stops a performance, the recording will stop, and the button will return to it normal state, waiting to be armed for the next recording.

I could probably add some flashing colours, but should it not be blinking when it’s recording? Or maybe this does the trick. I will leave out the optional default directory output thing for now, it’s probably easier to simply place each file in the same dir as the csd file.

Finally, the output file now contains the date and time of recording. For example, something like this:
ringmod_20230817_143308.wav where year month date are followed by hour minute seconds. This way there is no chance of overwriting a previous recording by accident.

Let me know what you think.

Date stamping is nice safety improvement. The other new features are a help to intuitive use too.

The norm is for flashing red to indicate record ready/pause and for solid red to indicate actually recording.

By the way, the student who originally requested this passes on her gratitude.

Then I fear it must be implemented… :writing_hand:

Try the next build when it’s ready. You may want to stress test this; it’s definitely flashing though… :wink: