Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Vcv rack?

Just wanted to check what’s the current state of creating modules/plugins for vcv rack? Is it possible to export from cabbage or to compile from git right now?

I’m on windoze 10 btw…

thx

What Cabbage version are you using? If you are using a relatively new version you should be able to go to “Export as VCV Rack Module”. Note it’s pretty experimental. The most current info is here. You can also try the example .csd file in that repo to get things going.

ahem, let’s see here…

Cabbage 2.3.0 (the most recent I think). Also, Rack 1.1.6 and Csound 6.14.

I tried to “Export as VCV Rack Module” with the example, but it won’t load in Rack. If I run Rack in development mode, it says:

[0.076 warn src/plugin.cpp:158] Could not load plugin ./plugins/cabex: Failed to load library ./plugins/cabex/plugin.dll: code 126

cabex is my cabbage plugin (cabbage example).

I’m also seeing some strange issues. I’m going to update the Rack SDK. One of the reasons I haven’t invested so much time into VCV Rack is that every new version of it seems to break older modules. I’ll let you know when it’s ready for testing.

What OS are you using?

Ok, correct spelling, Windows 10

I’m looking into it. Something has broken. It’s working fine on OSX, so it’s not the code. Looks like the build is messed up.

Just let me know if I can help you in any way

It’s working now with the latest beta installer from here, but looks a little odd:

Looks like something has changed with the latest version of Rack. I’ll try to sort this. In the meantime you can just make the widgets smaller, but it will look much different in Cabbage than it does in Rack.