Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

10 synths and effects available

Hey Everyone! I have posted a bunch of synths and effects here for anyone interested: https://jcnelson.music.unt.edu/software
They include:
Decalog—10 oscillator virtual anaolog synth will 10 ADSRs, 10 LFOs and any oscillator or LFO can sere as a modulator for any other (FM, AM and RM) plus a bunch of effects in the signal path
Syncopath—similar to Decalog, but digital oscillators that all can sync to any other
Granary—granular synth
Scrubber—granular synth (based on McCurdy’ Grain3) with spectral effects
MorFFT—FFT-based player with spectral effects
ReSynthesizer—can load .pvx, .lp, and .adsyn analysis files for playback with spectral effects
MVerb and MVerb3D—2D and 3D waveguide mesh reverbs
CombKey—MIDI keyboard controlled comb filters
WaveMorphSynth—3-oscillator synth that uses morphing wavetables (a bit cpu intensive)
These are all still under development, but you are welcome to use if desired. I designed all of these more for stand-alone use within Cabbage so they have some features that can be removed if one wants to use them as plugins. Enjoy, and let me know if you have any feedback for me,
Jon
Jon Christopher Nelson
Professor of Composition
University of North Texas College of Music
Denton, TX

4 Likes

Thanks Jon, I look forward to trying these out. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Lovely stuff, Rising Doom and Growler are particular favourites of mine already! The range of options in these is staggering. I don’t even know where to start with MorFFT! (Great name by the way :laughing: )

I did notice some dropouts when I tried to ply a little crazy with teh keyboard in the decalog and syncopath synths. I didn’t bring them into a DAW yet, but I might do so I can see what the CPU is like.

Hey Rory! Thanks for your positive feedback. Regrettably, some of these are a bit cpu-intensive. I welcome your thoughts about what might help on this front—I tend to use these outside of a DAW (I am feeling rather “old-school” with my working strategies) but am planning to thin these out a bit to get them ready to save as plugins in the next fee months. If you see some obvious ways to streamline the code I am all ears. Thanks again, Jon

If not using a DAW makes you old-school, then I’m as old-school as anyone. Once I discovered Csound I left the DAW behind. Note that they might run better as a plugin, but I’d have to open a DAW to find out :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for posting these up - I’m looking forward to trying them and looking at the code in the coming weeks :slight_smile:

My pleasure–please send me any feedback you care to provide. You might also check back in a couple of weeks as I am just wrapping up a 5D wave terrain synth that I will post on my download page soon,
Jon

These are awesome Jon. Thanks so much for sharing so much of your amazing work - and knowledge. Take Care. -Rick

Thanks, Rick! I had some grant money this summer and paid one of our grad students (who is a fantastic programmer) to help update some of these offerings–I should be able to post a new/updated (and much more fully functional) Granary within the next several weeks. We have also come up with a nice spectral delay & panner as well as a nice banded FX (10 user-defined bands, each with up to three effects in series that are summed and can then be sent through three more master effects). I hope all is well with you–I am just gearing up for the Fall semester–and I am eager for my sabbatical in Spring of 2022!