Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Are newlines in popuptext/popup[pre|post]fix possible?

Is it currently possible to have newline characters in any of the popup text areas forcing a multi-line messages?

I can see some use for this, if it’s not already possible. I tried a few ways, and didn’t have any luck… but maybe I did it wrong?

Did you try doing it with a chnset rather than in the Cabbage section? If that doesn’t work then I’ll need to visit that code and see if I can add it for you.

In this particular instance I had tried in the cabbage section. I try to keep my popup’s from needing csound/chnset influence, instead using prefix/postfix to create the popup message whenever possible.

I can try a test to see if it works when done using chnset later this evening.

I forgot to check back in, this does appear to work if using chnset… but it also ignores the use of prefix and postfix messages… not sure if that’s an intended/expected behavior or not, just found it noteworthy.

It’s not a huge deal if not, but do you think the ability to use newlines may ever make it to the cabbage section too?

I can certainly take a look. Cabbage work is a little slow at the moment but don’t worry, the pace of development will pick up again soon.

This has been added now, but only for sliders as I use a custom popup component there. Just use the usual \n. Adding the same for other components would be a lot or work as they all use the JUCE’s tooltip classes. I’d rather not hack it. So for now, it addresses your request, but if the next request is can we have the same for other components, I’m afraid the answer is not for the time being :laughing:

Sliders are definitely the most important group, so definitely a good place to start. Thanks!