Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Audio Problems

Hi, developing an EQ plugin as my first project within cabbage, and as far as I can understand it, the code should work in such a way that if the button to activate a band is pressed, it will alter the signal. However, I keep running into issues where my audio isn’t being passed through and I cant for the life of me figure out why. If anyone could take a look at my code and give me some advice, it would be much appreciated, thanks! Cascading Experiment.csd (4.3 KB)

I’ve made a few changes.

I changed it so that the 5 stages (highpass, pareq x 3, lowpass) are now in series. This seems to make more sense as having them all in parallel undermines their individual efficacy.

I made the frequency dials exponential.

I changed the range and initial values on the high/lowpass frequency dials.

The gain control ranges for the pareqs were too small (+/- 1dB) so I increased them to +/- 24 dB.

See what you think. I hope this was what you were intending.
Cascading Experiment.csd (4.0 KB)

Hey Iain,

Thanks for the reply. Changes definitely look right and how I want it to operate, but I’m not hearing anything. Will troubleshoot on other machines to see if that might be the issue.

Hi @darkfruitsstan, can you give us a little more info? What OS are you on? Are you running the instrument in the Cabbage IDE or in a host, if the latter what plugin format are you using, and also which host?

Hey Rory,

It’s in the Cabbage IDE and I’m on Mac OS Sonoma. I had it working about 3 weeks ago on the mac but it unexplainably stopped since.

Can you open the patcher and make sure that the inputs/outputs and connected with the instrument node? I can’t think of any other reason it might have suddenly stopped working :thinking: