Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Beta OSX csound builds

Hey Rory,

I feel bad having thread-jacked the ADSR thread, so figured I’d move the discussion about the OSX csound azure build here so Anders can stop getting bothered with the crosstalk :wink:

No rush tho, just wanted a place specific for that convo. Thanks!

I’m just running off another build now. I have to use the 10.14 SDK, but I should be able to target older versions. I’ll let you know. I can test it here myself at any rate as I’m also running 10.13

Awesome, thanks!

I had to build libsndfile as part o the process. It seems to be working now. Can you try this one?

Hrm, this one fails more dramatically.

Cabbage immediately crashes with the message:

And Csound from a console reports:

$ csound
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libsndfile.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64
Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

That’s odd. It’s running fine for me here. I’ll take a look.

[edit] yup, I can reproduce here when I remove libsndfile from my usr/local/lib dir. It shouldn’t need to be in there. I’ll try to find a fix. It is included in the bundle, it’s probably just a matter of relinking correctly.

Can you try this one.

Note that this is really quite a minimal build, but should be fine for Cabbage.

I’m in the middle of something at home, so I can’t test too extensively just yet… but I did at least want to get it installed and see if it runs.

Good news! It runs both in console and cabbage, reports 6.14 build dated today. The string ternary bug passed the first test. I’ll dive in deeper ASAP.

Thanks Rory!

1 Like