Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Bformdec2 not supported?

Hello Everyone!

I’m trying to work on an ambisonic to binaural decoder plugin and tried to use the bformdec2 opcode to take advantage of the additional binaural configurations. Unfortunately, cabbage doesn’t recognize this opcode. However, bformdec1 works with no problem.

error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT (token “bformdec2”) from file C:\Users\z004v3ns\Documents\Cabbage\Cabbage\Master Thesis\Main Module\CSAT.csd (1)
line 519:

adecL, adecR bformdec2 <<<
Unexpected untyped word adecR when expecting a variable
Parsing failed due to invalid input!
Stopping on parser failure
cannot compile orchestra

I am using the latest version of cabbage and csound (downloaded from the cabbage downloads page).

Thanks in Advance for the help and for the contribution to this amazing system :slight_smile: !

Hi @Joshua_C, welcome to the forum.

Cabbage doesn’t manage any opcodes, so if they are not seen it’s most likely an issue with your version of Csound. It looks like libbformdec2.dll was not installed. Can you try the most recent Csound installer for Windows?

I just took a look at the Windows installer and it seems that it’s not include. I’ll ask around and see why this is. :+1:

Hi Rory,

Thank you so much for the quick replies.

Yes, I was trying on the Windows machine. Sorry that I didn’t mention it. I will also try it on a Mac in the evening and will update you if it works.

Cheers!

I checked my Mac install and it has the libbformdec2 dylib, that’s what led me to wonder about the windows installer.

1 Like