Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Bundling Images, Samples, Snaps

When my students (and I) have been trying to export their Cabbage Instruments and Effects as Standalones, or VST/AU plugins, their custom logos, and images and samples disappear or a missing.
On the Mac, we can fix this by Right-Clicking and Showing Package Contents and then dropping everything in there (after the fact), but there must be a way to guarantee that everything the Instrument is using ‘in Cabbage’ is included (bundled) when one exports the instrument. In the Cabbage Docs, I see that there is a bundle() identifier and a nice explanation of how to use it, but I think I might still be doing something wrong. Can you explain a bit more? Can you include an example/model? Thanks!

Hi @Dr_Richard_Boulanger. Here are my top tips for bundling resources with your plugins:

• Create a new directory for each .csd file - let’s call it the plugin project folder

• Place all resources into this plugin project directory.

• Use folder for different resources, i.e, imgs, samples, etc.

• Use the bundle() identifier for that Cabbage automatically adds these files to the plugin bundle when you export.

• bundle() can accept files, or folders, but the path to these MUST be relative. Let’s say you have the following file structure:

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 18.49.54

• To include the imgs and samples folder you use bundle like this:
    form caption("My other vegetable is a turnip") bundle("./imgs", "./samples")

• You should use the same path to these folders/files as you use in your Csound orc. For example, if you have a folder call samples, and you want to load 808.wav with diskin2 you write:
    aLeft, aRight diskin2 "./samples/808.wav", 1, 0, 1

If anyone has any problem getting this going, just reply here. All queries welcome!

2 Likes

Rory,

As always, thanks for your great advice and super clear examples.

-dB