Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage 2 Problems on Windows10

Win10_x64, Cabbage_x64V.2.1.05b, Csound 6.12.0

Hi,

• I have trouble with the manuals of Cabbage and Csound: when I open one of these, (by Help/Cabbage Manual or Csound Manual or simply pressing F2/F3), Cabbage crashes…
  • The Examples/Miscellaneus/Presets and Examples/Miscellaneus/CustomPresets example file doesn’t works. I see another thread about these problems, but I don’t understand why in windows doesn’t work… The presets are not saved or recalled…
  • In the Examples/Widgets/Keyboards example, the “mouseoeverkeycolour” and “keywidth” seems not to work: the colour remains yellow … (this also if I set one fixed color value IE 100, 0, 110)
    I don’t understand what is the “keywidth” function…

Thanks for your Cabbage,

I’ll check these out when get a chance. The presets example should work. Did you check the last thread about it not working? Looks like the audio settings might be causing problems, although I thought I had fixed this…:confounded:

I just tried replicating these issues. Comments below…

I can’t recreate this issue? All seem to work perfectly fine for me here. Can you describe step by step how you make it crash? Here is a screencast of how it works for me…

This also works fine for me here, as shown in the screencast below. Would you mind taking a look at this thread and see if it helps. Note that you may need to save a copy of the preset example to a user directory as the latest versions of Windows can restrict writing access to system drives where the examples are stored.

[quote=“Slivovitz84, post:1, topic:1477”]
I don’t understand what is the “keywidth” function…
[/quote]

It sets the width of the keys…

That’s a typo. It should be mouseoverkeycolour()… I’ll try to sort those typos when I get a chance :wink:

Hi,

you’re right!! My Apologize …

1. I use Brave Browser portable in my system and this is the cause of cabbage crashes… When I set IE, the manuals are opened correctly!
  2. I copy/paste your presets.csd on D and works fine!!!

Thanks very mutch for your work and support!

Thanks for reporting back. The system write access is an issue I will try to address in the future. The options are to save the examples in a user drive, or simply notify the user that the examples need to be saved locally before modifying them. Anyway, I’m glad it’s working now.