Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage AppImage?

I’m currently using the Cabbage Windows version under Wine on my Linux Mint computer because I didn’t succeed in installing the Linux version. Is there an AppImage of Cabbage in the making? That would make it much simpler for Linux users to work with Cabbage.

Mint is a derivative of Debian no? Can you not install a .deb?

Do you mean this one: Cabbage-2.8-DEB.zip ?

Also my Csound version is probably too old: Csound version 6.10 (double samples) 2018-01-27

Yeah, that should do it. But you will definitely need to build Csound yourself. It shouldn’t be tricky.

In my sources.list it says:

#deb cdrom:[Linux Mint 19.2 Tina - Release amd64 20190729]/ bionic contrib main non-free

So the line is commented out. Now what?

To install Csound I have to do this:

1. Edit, as root, /etc/apt/sources.list and ensure that each line beginning with deb has another line below it that is identical except that deb is replaced with deb-src. Then run sudo apt-get update.

Is this the only line in your source.list file? If so, follow the instruction and add another under it.

No to ensure you have the right build chain, you need to do this. Follow the instructions and run apt-get update.

Now I have this in sources.list:

#deb cdrom:[Linux Mint 19.2 Tina - Release amd64 20190729]/ bionic contrib main non-free
#deb-src cdrom:[Linux Mint 19.2 Tina - Release amd64 20190729]/ bionic contrib main non-free

And after following all the rest of the instructions I have: Csound version 6.17 (double samples) Mar 21 2022

Success! You can download the latest beta Deb from the azure DevOps page. They is a sticky post on the main forum page describing how to access the beta builds. :+1:

Looks like I have a working Linux version of Cabbage now. Don’t know what exactly I have done. Mostly followed the instructions but not quite.

1 Like