Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage AU error with Logic Express

I’ve just installed Cabage AU on OS X and try to use it with Logic Express. In Logic’s AU Manager CabbageEffectName is not enabled, it says: could not be opened. Here is a log file:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1 
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aufx’ - ‘RORY’ - ‘Cabb’

Manufacturer String: CabbageFoundation
AudioUnit Name: CabbageEffectNam
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)
Component’s Bundle Version: 1.0.0

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
2015-12-14 22:42:39.671 auvaltool[1068:48402] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbagePlugin.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbagePlugin: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbagePlugin.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbagePlugin, 262): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/5.2/CsoundLib64
Referenced from: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbagePlugin.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbagePlugin
Reason: image not found
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -50,0xFFFFFFCE

validation result: couldn’t be opened

updating properties of AU CabbageEffectNam by CabbageFoundation…FAILED!

FAILED!

updating properties of AU CabbageEffectNam by CabbageFoundation…FAILED!

FAILED!

It looks like Logic is trying to open what it thinks is an AU but is actually a VST? The AU effect plugin is “aumf Wx2a Cabu”. So Logic doesn’t see the CabbageAUSynth, or CabbageAUEffect AUs? Are they in your ~\Library\Audio\Plug-Ins\Components directory? If not then the installer messed something up.

The folder \Library\Audio\Plug-Ins\Components is not in my home directory (~) but in my root. Might that be it?

Richard

There should be one in your home folder too? If not, you can try creating one. Cabbage will look in that directory when it runs as an AU.

Sorry, my bad. There IS one in my home folder and that one contains the two AU files.
But: only CabbageEffectNam shows up in the Audio Unit Manager of Logic Express and that shows as failed with the log file I provided. But that’s not the same as the CabbageAuEffect, is it? In that case, both of the AU’s are not seen by Logic.

Do you have any ideas where Logic is picking up that CabbageEffectNam from? If so can you remove it and try again? Or what happens when you run auval -a from your ~/Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/Components dir?

I removed that component now, to no avail. Here’s the file with the command output. It does point to some corruption…

out.txt (8.6 KB)

I can’t really see what the problem here is, but I’ll take a look once I get back to my OSX machine, which won’t be for a few weeks I’m afraid. I assume it doesn’t work with Garageband either?