Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage AU not working

Hello All,

I’m trying tun run one of my Cabbage plugins in Logic Pro X, but cannot get it to be recognized. Receiving this Error in the Plugin Manager:

validating Audio Unit CabbageSynth by CabbageAudio:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1 
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aumu’ - ‘Trz8’ - ‘00436162’

Manufacturer String: CabbageAudio
AudioUnit Name: CabbageSynth
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
2019-08-16 21:18:11.692 auvaltool[2455:65788] Error loading /Users/kamilahmitchell/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbageAUSynth.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbageAUSynth: dlopen(/Users/kamilahmitchell/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbageAUSynth.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbageAUSynth, 262): Library not loaded: CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64
Referenced from: /Users/kamilahmitchell/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbageAUSynth.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbageAUSynth
Reason: unsafe use of relative rpath CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64 in /Users/kamilahmitchell/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/CabbageAUSynth.component/Contents/MacOS/CabbageAUSynth with restricted binary
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -50,0xFFFFFFCE

validation result: couldn’t be opened

@rorywalsh

I’ve seen that error before, but it’s usually caused by a Cabbage build error on my part. Can you try the latest beta build from here, and let me know if that resolves it.

For what it’s worth I recently tested some AU plugins with Logic Pro and I didn’t have problems, but they were slightly older binaries. I will try this week to do a few fresh exports and see if they work. I won’t be able to test this untill Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest, as I won’t have access to a Mac until then.

Hi @alexxmitchell, I just test here on OSX with Logic using the version I linked above. It’s all working fine for me. I wonder if you tried to relink Csound or something like that? Or perhaps Csound isn’t installed on the machine you are trying to run your plugin on?