Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage Cannot Export APP/VST

Hi Rory,

I just downloaded the zip, and the application out of it seems to be damaged.

I’ll try uploading again later, but I think this could be because Apple won’t let you run a non App store app? More Apple nonsense :rage:

I’ve just signed that package and I’m uploading it again. Would you mind trying it again when you get a moment? I don’t have a good internet connection here, so it may take some time to upload…

It’s fully uploaded now if you want to try it out :slight_smile:

Hi Rory,

Sorry for the late reply as I just got out of my finals week!
I am trying it right now!

Hmmm looks like it is still damaged…

I have been trying to install some apps/sdks these days and they were all pretty tricky. I did “Allow” in the security setting, opened the file by left click-open, but either the permission was still not allowed, or the file just quitted while start-up :(((

Can you try the following from the terminal, from within the same directory as the Cabbage.app

sudo codesign -s - Cabbage.app --timestamp --deep --force

Hopefully that will sign things and let you run it…

Yes it runs!

Let me try to export VST.

I still couldn’t get any VST/VST3 in a DAW :frowning:

But I noticed that one of the VST3s I exported a long time ago is available now. The new one “vst3test” I just exported do not appear.

You will most likely have to sign each plugin you export. There is a setting that will try to perform adhoc signing on each exported plugin, but I’m not sure how well it actually works. But it’s worth trying. If that doesn’t work you will need to run the same codesign command with the exported plugins. I’m afraid there is little I can do about this. When exporting plugins, Cabbage modifies the binaries, so even if there were properly signed, they now have a different binary signature, so MacOS no longer recognises the existing codesigning. :frowning:

I see. Thanks a lot for the clarification. I will try it but I guess using AU directly is more efficient. I really appreciate your help and support!

Happy new year :blush:

Yes, it’s funny how Apple have now made AUs the simplest plugin format to use on a Mac :roll_eyes: