Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage Crash when opening Manual

Hi There! When I try to open the Cabbage Manual or the Csound Manual from the help menu Cabbage crashes.
Can Anybody help??

That’s strange. What os? Windows? OSX?

OSX 10.9 Yosemite

I’m afraid, I’m a Windows/Linux user, so I’m unable to give you much assistance. I think Rory (the developer of Cabbage) can help you.
Anyway, have you checked in the Cabbage Settings if the directories for the manuals are set correctly?

I’ll check this a little later today when I get to an OSX machine. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m not seeing any issues here. Can you try this beta release?

I’ve just installed the latest win64 version & I am getting a crash whenever I try to open the manuals as above it’s an access violation(Exception code: 0xc0000005). I’m using windows 8.1
I’ve checked that the manual directories are set correctly. Any ideas?

I’ve not seen this problem before. Is Csound installed to the standard location? Are you trying to call up the manual with F1, or from within the Cabbage help menu? Can you try both and see if they both result in the same error?

I installed from Cabbage64Setup-2.5.0.exe and used only defaults. I have not used/changed anything since then. The documentation paths look fine. The help menu items all cause a crash, as do pressing F1/F2/F3. I’ve just tried again & noticed that the copy/cut/paste icons also cause a crash (without any document open) Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V don’t do this. I’m using Windows 8.1 on an Intel Core i3-3217U processor with 8Gb ram.
The error log entry is as follows:

Faulting application name: Cabbage.exe, version: 2.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f8fedf2
Faulting module name: Cabbage.exe, version: 2.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f8fedf2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003b8eea
Faulting process ID: 0x1568
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e67e83d1c4ce
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Cabbage\Cabbage.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Cabbage\Cabbage.exe
Report ID: c4b02bcb-5271-11eb-be92-a4db3076ba33
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

My default web browser is Opera Version:73.0.3856.329 (I suspect that the help is trying to open this.)

I shall try to start going through the initial example & see if I can get anything working. (Selecting the speakers & pressing ‘test’ seems to work!)

Thanks,
Chris.

A breakthrough! Because of the strange behaviour of the cut/paste icons I tried again with an editor window open, & the cut/paste icons then worked without a crash.
But the help menu items also started working!
That’s probably why nobody has reported this before - the crash only happens if there are no edit windows open!
I can live with this, but it probably needs to be reported as a bug to be fixed for the next release.
Thanks,
Chris.

Good find. I’ll sort that asap