Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage/Csound(?) problems after upgrading Mint

I updated my machine to Mint 20, but in Cabbage I see these errors:
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libserial.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libserial.so: undefined symbol: __pow_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libstkops.so’ (libstk-4.5.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libquadbezier.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libquadbezier.so: undefined symbol: __sqrt_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libemugens.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libemugens.so: undefined symbol: __pow_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libscugens.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libscugens.so: undefined symbol: __exp_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libfluidOpcodes.so’ (libfluidsynth.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libbeosc.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libbeosc.so: undefined symbol: __fmod_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libbuchla.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libbuchla.so: undefined symbol: __pow_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libgtf.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libgtf.so: undefined symbol: __exp_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libexciter.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libexciter.so: undefined symbol: __sqrt_finite)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libsterrain.so’ (/usr/local/lib/csound/plugins64-6.0/libsterrain.so: undefined symbol: __pow_finite)

something is very wrong here…

Looks like a mismatch between the Csound you have installed and the Csound Cabbage was built against.

Well, I only upgraded Mint. But there are more problems after the upgrade: Reaper cannot load my plugins, Projucer starts with a message that it is out of date, the LinuxBuild script just quits at a certain point, etc. I guess I have to start from scratch…

I was able to run Cabbage without any issues with a Linux Mint 20 install. I’d say build Csound first is key.

Yes, but was Cabbage already installed, i.e. was it an upgrade of Mint?

I’ve no idea. It’s your system after all.

You wrote: I was able to run Cabbage without any issues with a Linux Mint 20 install
Was that a virgin Mint 20 system or was Cabbage already installed there and then you upgraded?

It was a version Mint 20 install. I actually installed it and tested Cabbage there, before I realised you were actually using 19, then I installed a fresh version of 19 and tested that.