Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage FMOD Android .so support

Actually scratch that. I’m getting a gazillion linker errors. If you get a chance maybe you can zip the entire VS project for me :slight_smile:

Sure, I’ll have it ready soon, I just have to scrap the dependencies together which are everywhere on my computer now :joy: :sweat_smile:

Just zi[ the whole project folder, I can resolve the missing deps myself… I think…

Right! You can find both VS and Unity Project under this link
(Unity Project unfortunately bloated with Oculus Integration… and I deleted the whole library with the c++ native libraries as it was very huge.)

And as I said, I worked with the Tegra integration in VS, so you would have to get that as well probably. (Or maybe that’s where the problems started, i don’t know. I just included that installer in case.

I have codeworks installed. So I guess I only need the CsoundFMOD.zip and the FMODPluginTestAndr.zip…

Ah good :+1:t3: Let me know, if everything works or if I can specify anything else. I could learn a lot now ^^. (There is a redundant path in the linker settings provided I just found out now though)

I’m getting about 3000 errors when I try this. It was the same with my own build. Seems like there are problems in all the std class like memory, bitset, algorithm, etc…

Wait, I think it’s just I haven’t linked correctly to the Csound Android libs…

I feel you with the 3000 errors. But if there are LNK errors, you’ll have to include all three libs provided with csounandroid (libsndfile and libc++_shared) sometimes a missing header was also producing an error.
You could post errors if you want and maybe I came across them myself earlier.

That was it. Just installing a later version of Unity now…

So the question here is how can I test this without an occulus :thinking:

I would have assumed you would have to put the output .so file into the Unity plugins folder? Is this not the case?

[edit] I wonder could you set up a barebones Android FMOD Unity, no Occulus project for testing here?

Yeah, there is no oculus emulation that I know of…
It’s probably the best to make a new Android Unityproject and use either your phone if you have one or an emulator?
Play mode in unity always uses the plugins from the system Unity is running on I assume.

Yes, that’s exactly what I had. The plugin directory is something along assets/plugins/fmod/lib/android/arm64, important there are the right import settings so it gets recognised as arm64 plugin by clicking on the plugin.

I’ll try to figure a good solution this afternoon and would send you another project :+1:t3:

That would be great. I have 0 knowledge of FMOD outside the editor. I’ve always used CsoundUnity in this context.

I’m failing since more than an hour to get the android emulator working. Maybe you’ve more luck. Here is the project anyways.

Tried to get the emulator running but without success. I tried with AVD within Android Studio but it always crashes…

I might not have much time to try this till later in the week. I’ll give it a whirl then and let you know :+1:

Right! Thanks a lot! :blush:

I found my problem. It was connected with codeworks which set up environment variables which are also used by AVD. I solved it by reinstalling android studio and selecting the codeworks sdk.
Unfortunately, the arm configuration is unusably slow or buggy so that I couldn’t even start testing. And I don’t know how important the architecture is for testing.
x86 works great, but there are no x86 csound android libraries so this falls away and maybe doesn’t make sense anyways.