Some time ago I tried Cabbage 3 with my setup, but after several attempts and different configurations I eventually gave up because I ran into MIDI/audio configuration issues. I don’t have any problems of that kind with Cabbage 2.
Now I’m tempted to give it another try, mainly because I saw that Csound 7 introduces a new native oversampling opcode, and I’ve always liked the idea of using Cabbage within Visual Studio.
I’d like to ask whether there have been any significant improvements to the MIDI/audio configuration during this time that would make it worth giving Cabbage 3 another try?
I certainly hope so, the audio/midi engine has definitely undergone some changes/updates. You want to give it another go? If you had a previous version oit installed, it’s probably best to remove the cabbage settings file from these locations:
Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Cabbage\settings.json
e.g. C:\Users<you>\AppData\Local\Cabbage\settings.json
There are also some videos on YouTube that you might find useful. I posted links to the forum. The oversampling opcodes are really nice btw, I’ve been using them myself. Custom data structs are another nice addition.
Cool, let me know if it works Ok, and more importantly, if it doesn’t. Cabbage 2 works very in terms of basic audio/MIDI IO. I want the same for Cabbage 3 but may need some assistance from teh Cabbage community