Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Combobox crashing Cabbage

Hi!

It seems that if using combobox with channeltype("string") and populate("preset*.txt") or populate("*preset*.txt") Cabbage is crashing when selecting a different file name from the drop-down list, e.g. “apresetb1.txt”, “apresetb2.txt”. This happens by just using the combobox widget without reading the associated channel data (string).

There is no such issue if I call my files something like "apriestb1.txt, “apriestb2.txt”, so it seems the files cannot contain the string “preset”? Is this intentional?

I’m not sure Cabbage is clever enough to parse the * in a file name. Can you try populate("*.txt") and see what happens? It could be that presets cannot be in the name due to the fact that it is a special tag when using preset combo boxes. Let me know if the .txt thing works any better. Worst case scenario you can put all of your preset text files into a sub folder and set that folder with the second parameter to populate().

Thank you Rory for considering this.

No problem with this, also no problem with populate("*priest*.txt")

It really seems like some sort of internal joke :confused:

Btw: using Cabbage: 2.3.38 on MacOS 10.12.6

:rofl: no joke, just bad software design in my part :hear_no_evil:. But I can push a fix later. Should be trivial enough to do…

I just pushed a fix, but I didn’t have time to check it. Would you mind giving it a go when it’s finished building?
https://dev.azure.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/_build/results?buildId=671&view=results

I checked and it seems to work. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for the fix!