Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Confused about presets

A new day, something else I’m confused about. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve created some presets within Cabbage in loobt_main.snaps. I export my plugin for use in Logic, making sure to include the .snaps file in my bundle. I see the .snaps file in the bundle.

But when I load the plugin in Logic, no presets are found. I can create presets in Logic with no issue. Those are appended to CabbagePluginEffect.snaps.

If I’m creating presets, should I go straight to writing to CabbagePluginEffect.snaps?

Thank you!

AUs are slightly different in that the presets file will have to have the same name as the .csd file, which in the case of AUs is CabbagePluginEffect.csd. So the simplest thing is to create this file, and then write your presets while experimenting in Logic, rather than Cabbage. Otherwise simply replace the contents of this file with the preset file you’ve created with Cabbage.

There is also a presetbutton which is as of yet undocumented. Search the Misc folder for an example, it’s title PresetsNew.csd, more info can be found in this thread. The reason for the change is documented at the start of the thread, but I’ve linked to the part of the thread that gets to the core of the widget’s functionality.

presetbutton seems great! That really helped me split out presets for elements within my plugin in an easy to implement/manage way.