Instruments tend to use more CPU than effects. I just did a quick export of Iain’s CZSynth and in Live it was reaching 20% CPU with 10 voices. In Reaper it hardly went over 1%. I usually this example to test things as it is not the simplest of instruments. I don’t use Live much, but based on reports from Cabbage users, it seems to eat up a lot of CPU when working with instruments.
a few moments later…
I just tried setting
openGL(1) in my
form and it did reduce the CPU load a little in Live. The other thing to do, if you are updating widgets a lot, is to make sure you use
guiMode("queue"), but this won’t rally make any different unless you are doing some fancy updating. Let me know if openGL(1) helps for you.