Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Crashing cabbage with gentable macro

Hey Rory, I’m consistently crashing cabbage with the following:
#define GRAPH gentable tablecolour(100,0,255,100), zoom(-1) $GRAPH bounds(7, 50, 140, 115) identchannel("graph1"), tablenumber(1), amprange(-1, 1, 1), visible(1)

However, if I manually expand the macro, writing it as:
gentable tablecolour(100,0,255,100), zoom(-1) bounds(7, 50, 140, 115) identchannel("graph1"), tablenumber(1), amprange(-1, 1, 1), visible(1)

It displays properly and doesn’t crash.

I’ve even tested this tacked onto your simple grid example without all of my junk potentially interfering, and it still crashes there too… so I think something’s up.

Thanks Kevin, I’ll take a look when I get a chance. Things are pretty crazy at work at present, but I should get some time during the week. Hopefully it’s a simple fix.

No worries… I’m working on tightening down one more bug that’s possible macro related anyway.

Basically a combobox loses it’s item list and ends up with only a number… but it only seems to happen in an imported widget group while also using a style macro. Once I feel 100% sure on recreating what’s going on in isolation, I’ll post with it on this thread.

Re: comboboxes

It seems they have issues with the items menu choices disappearing when included in an importable widget, even without the use of macros. But it’s not always consistent. Here’s an example with everything stripped out that doesn’t display properly when I tacked it on to the grid example.

Both combo boxes appear with only the item “18” available in the menu.

combotest.xml.txt (654 Bytes)

Btw, perhaps allowing .xml files to be uploaded too would be a good idea now… not sure if that opens any security concerns, but if not, it’d be nice! :slight_smile:

This is fixed now. I’ll just take a look at the next issue before updating binaries. I also updated supported files so xml uploads should be Ok now.

The combobox issue is also done. Just looking at the UDO import now. Btw, have you checked out the Csound support in Atom? It’s very nice, and can be installed directly from within Atom. It’s become my new Csound IDE outside of Cabage :wink: