Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Csound and Unity on Android

I was very curious so I had a look. Your branch SylDevBranch is based on the old CsoundUnity format, while the new develop branch is created in the form of a custom package.
Like this you can add the package via PackageManager, a very clean solution.
But I couldn’t make the Android libs to load properly there!

The custom package stuff is definitely the way to go. I think in @Syl_Morrison case he might not need this as he is using this for a very specific project. It’s a pity. I was hoping he might have solved the problem :frowning:

Ahhh yeah I was wondering, could we not just export the modified assets as a UnityPackage though? or am I missing something? I haven’t messed around with this since the other day, the sample rate issue seems super strange, @virtualHC did you find a workaround for it? I have to set my unity project SR to 22050 to play the right freq, but that only works on Desktop and not on the actual android device.
Did I also read somewhere that you can’t use bluetooth speakers or headphones with it?

a custom package is not the same thing as a unitypackage!

I can confirm that I had sr problems too, I don’t know why!

Yes bluetooth doesn’t seem to work on Unity Android, if I remember correctly I tested it in the past.

EDIT: it was in this thread!

1 Like

So it’s stupid late, but I just tried out Juce on android for the craic, and it seems to have a similar SR issue (I might be missing something extremely dumb) but seems weird that anything I’ve tried audio related doesn’t play back normally on android, in this case it sounds like it’s running at 22050 (I think, it makes my voice sound absolutely demonic lol)