Would it be possible to change/add options for the users to manage presets ?
The .snap used currently would act as a preset database for the user
- an EXPORT option would allow the user to export the current preset (into a new kind of file which would only contains one preset actually)
- an IMPORT option would open a file browser where the user can select a single-preset file to add into his database
(what that would do is append the imported preset at the end of his .snap file)
- a RENAME option to rename the current preset
- a SAVE option to save the state of the synth in the .snap (like it works currently)
- a DELETE option to remove a preset from the user database (removing it from the XML file actually)
Then, users will be able to EXPORT their preset, to share them, and other will be able to IMPORT them easily.
Hope this will help making the best preset system possible