Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Emoji text support?

This is probably the silliest question I’ve had yet… but how difficult would it be to have support for emoji characters in text fields? I tried in OSX, to no avail… a brief search made it sound like JUCE supports it, but it’s a matter of font selection to get it working? I’m not really sure how accurate that is, it was also a rather old thread discussing it.

I know there are a few decent audio and music related emojis (a mute symbol immediately comes to mind) that could be useful. And who doesn’t want a “laughing to tears” button on an effect? :joy:

I’d need to add support for a font that can display them. The current doesn’t support them. I’ll add it to the list of things, but it’s kind of low priority!

Yeah, not very important… I was just looking for creative ways to label buttons in a more space saving fashion, and that was one of my ideas.

But it is probably a good move towards future-proofing for kids these days! :man_white_haired:

1 Like

Speaking of fonts, is it possible to change the font used in a UI? or is it a case of using images for labels etc.

The font is fixed for now, although I do have some code lying around that loads other fonts. I was having some issues implementing it, but from what I remember if shouldn’t be that tricky. I will take another look.

I’m sure there a bigger fish to fry in your life atm. No biggie!